We believe wholesome, organic, seasonal, local and nutritionally dense ingredients combined with healthy cooking techniques are the basic building blocks of healthy cuisine. These foods are earth’s medicine and used consistently will restore health, vitality and wellbeing.
We carefully prepare these ingredients into delicious healthy dishes to delight our guests whilst taking them on an epicurean journey into different culinary styles.
Our food is designed to enhance and restore health, increase strength and longevity. Our culinary mission is for all our guests to return brighter, lighter and more energetic than ever before.
- Wholefoods are unprocessed and unrefined and are full of essential micronutrients, dietary fibre and naturally occurring protective substances, such
as phytochemicals which are essential for your health. Wholefoods are the base of all dishes in Svarga Loka.
- Fresh, locally harvested and seasonal foods have their full flavours intact which they release when we eat them. Picked as they ripen they contain the maximum sun energy inside their skins. As quickly as they have been picked they reach our door. These foods help us create dishes that have magical flavours and healing powers.
- Organic foods are nutrient dense and they pack a far greater anti-oxidant punch than their conventional chemically treated brothers. We source from local organic farms.
- We believe that food is one of life’s pleasures, we create dishes that sustain the body whilst delighting the taste buds. We add natural additives and flavours, such as herbs and spices to enhance all our dishes. Balinese Sea salts are used to add minerals as well as flavour.
- We prepare our own base ingredients such as yoghurt’s and breads.
- We use healthy cooking techniques such as braising, steaming, poaching and grilling and we keep temperatures low so that we retain as much natural flavour and nutrients as possible whilst ensuring the food is easy to digest.
- Where a sweet taste is required we use natural sweeteners such as fruit juice, honey or coconut flower syrup which provide so much more in terms of minerals and anti-oxidants than the empty calories from white sugar.
- We use healthy oils and good fats and whilst these are minimally used in our cooking we use only the best. Our salad dressings only contain good oils which support heart health.
- We practice food synergy; each ingredient on the plate supports the best possible food combining for the body.
- All our dishes are presented with colourful garnishes, benefitting guests with many different and valuable flavonoids, (phyto-nutrients), which provide amazing anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- We promote a healthy attitude towards eating and serve portions which create a more mindful eating practice.
- We would like all our guests to leave with practical tools to help them stay fit and healthy after their stay. This is the reason we offer cooking classes. Our chef and specialist practitioners are always available to answer questions on nutrition, our ingredients, philosophy and cooking techniques.